Crazy Knitter Reviews

The place where this crazy knitter reviews books, TV, movies and recipes

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken

This was an excellent roast chicken. I didn't really have a recipe but here's what I did.

Whole chicken (mine was 4 lbs)
Lemons (I used 2)
Rosemary (one bunch)
Garlic (3 whole cloves)
Butter (2 TBS)

- Melt butter with garlic cloves in the microwave.
- Thinly slice one lemon. Once the butter is melted halve the other lemon and squeeze juice into the butter.
- Place lemon slices and rosemary springs under the skin on the chicken breast.
- Place lemon halves that you juiced, remaining rosemary, and garlic from the butter in the chicken cavity. Brush entire chicken with butter/lemon juice mixture. Tie legs together with string and fold wings under.
- I cooked in my roaster on 425 degrees for 90 minutes. Make sure you let the chicken rest for before you carve it. As Rachael Ray would say yum-o!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Oh, yeah! I'm adding you to my bloglines. I'm a reader...so I'll be especially looking forward to the book reviews!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home