Crazy Knitter Reviews

The place where this crazy knitter reviews books, TV, movies and recipes

Monday, January 29, 2007

Quiche

This is my mom's famous quiche recipe. We have it every New Years Day for brunch. We got a Honeybaked Ham from Jerry's company at Christmas. We had that for dinner last night so I decided to make this tonight with the left overs.

Sprinkle into a greased pie plate:

- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup diced ham or 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup onion

Mix together:

- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper

Pour into pie plate. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until top is golden. Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.

This is very easy and yummy. My mom always made both but I prefer the ham one. The bacon on is pretty good though also. I put the pie plate on a cookie sheet because it was pretty full and I was afraid that it would spill over. It didn't but it made it much easier to get into the oven.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    That sounds alot like the Cheeseburger Pie recipe on the box of Bisquik....I'll have to try yours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home