Crazy Knitter Reviews

The place where this crazy knitter reviews books, TV, movies and recipes

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

American Idol Finals - Week #4

I wonder how many of these kids knew who Tony Bennett was before they started this show? Tonight they will be singing some American song classics. Once again I am sensing some song butchering tonight!

1) Blake Lewis (Mack the Knife) - it was ok. He has yet to really impress me. It was very blah.
2) Phil Stacey (Night and Day) - he was out of tune most of the song but the last note was good.
3) Melinda Doolittle (I've Got Rhythm) - this girl could sing the phone book and I would listen. Ella would be proud.
4) Chris Richardson (Don't Get Around Much Anymore) - it started off rough but I think this is his best performance yet.
5) Jordin Sparks (On a Clear Day) - I like that she is getting better each week. It's like watching her grew up before our eyes.
6) Gina Glockson (Smile) - I like her understated performances (like this and last week) better than her rocker thing. I thought she was very good.
7) Sanjaya Malakar (Dancing Cheek to Cheek) - it actually was not that bad. I think he did better than Phil did! Maybe the hype is finally frying my brain.
8) Hayley Scarnato (Ain't Misbehavin') - as hard as she tries she always seems like a blow up doll singing. She has zero personality.
9) LaKnsha Jones (Stormy Weather) - again she could sing anything and I would listen to it. This is starting to get interesting.

So I think it might finally be Phil's turn to leave tomorrow. We shall see tomorrow.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Hey...were you listening to the same Sanjaya that I was??? We all thought that he was so off tune. I think I will be as excited the day he goes as the Idol Finals Show. (hopefully it's not one in the same show!) I agree with the Melinda Doolittle comment....bring on the phone book girl...I'll listen!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home