Crazy Knitter Reviews

The place where this crazy knitter reviews books, TV, movies and recipes

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

American Idol Finals - Week #2

This is British Invasion week. I am sensing that some great classic songs are going to be murdered tonight!

1) Haley Scarnato (Tell Him) - I liked it. Not the best vocal but she came out of her shell and that was nice to see.
2) Chris Richardson (Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying) - this is the first week I liked his performance. He seemed much less nasally this week. I get sick of his runs after a while though.
3) Stephanie Edwards (You Don't Have to Say You Love Me)- very good. Had some pitch problems but good overall. I really didn't like the arrangement though.
4) Blake Edwards (Time of the Season) - it was ok. I'm not all that impressed with the beat boxing anymore. He was very out of tune at the end.
5) LaKisha Jones (Diamonds Are Forever) - excellent as always. I actually would have liked to hear her sing You're My World because she hasn't sung many uptempo songs.
6) Phil Stacey (Tobacco Road) - uh, yeah that was uh interesting. Very off key in places and he seemed to be screaming at times.
7) Jordin Sparks (I Who Have Nothing) - holy s@#t that was phenomenal! This girl is terrific!
8) Sanjaya Malakar (You Really Got Me) - I will that was not the worst performance of his I have seen. However, he needs to go now!
9) Gina Glockson (Paint it Black) - this was the perfect song for her and I think she did a good job.
10) Chris Sligh (She's Not There) - it was ok. Not his best performance but better than last week.
11) Melinda Doolittle (As Long As He Needs Me) - another flawless and amazing performance.

So I pick either Phil or Sanjaya to go home this week. We'll see if the vote for the worst people get their way again.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    At my office we agree that phil or "jumbalaya" should go...good review once again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home