Crazy Knitter Reviews

The place where this crazy knitter reviews books, TV, movies and recipes

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cowboy Spaghetti

This recipe was the cause of a very rare occurrence in this household. My husband and I both loved it! We actually fought over who was going to take the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Here is what I did or would do differently.

1) I would use more than 3 slices of bacon next time. Maybe 5 slices because I love bacon and it shrinks so much when you cook it.
2) I only used the tomato sauce. I do not like huge chunks of tomatoes and this made more than enough sauce for us.
3) I only used a half pound of spaghetti and that was plenty.
4) I substituted chicken stock for the beer. I would have used beef stock but I did not have any and the chicken worked just fine.
5) I added some cumin since I did not use the fire roasted diced tomatoes. I am not sure how much, maybe a 1/2 tablespoon, and it added a nice smokiness.

All in all this is a definite keeper!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home