Crazy Knitter Reviews

The place where this crazy knitter reviews books, TV, movies and recipes

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It Ain't All About the Cookin' by Paula Deen - #15

The memoirs of one of the Food Network's most popular stars. In this book Paula opens up and is very frank about her life. She talks about her childhood in Albany, Georgia where the food her mother and grandmother made had a big influence on her at an early age. We also learn about her marriage at 18 and the difficulties she and her husband had. She also discusses her battles with agoraphobia and getting her business off the ground. We find out that she had a 10 year affair with a married man and that her blended family did not blend so well at first. She gives tips on how to start a restaurant and describes how she became friends with former president Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rossalyn.

I really enjoyed this book. It was full of the humor Paula is known for. I have always liked watching her show because she reminds me so much of my own mother. The book also contains some yummy recipes, including her mother-in-law's banana walnut cake which I can not wait to try. I really recommend this book to all my fellow Paula fans. With this book I reached my goal of 15 books for the year. Maybe next year I will aim for 20!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home