Crazy Knitter Reviews

The place where this crazy knitter reviews books, TV, movies and recipes

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

American Idol Finals - Week #10

So the final three sing three songs tonight. The judges each choose a song for one contestant, the producers pick one and then they choose their final song.

Judge's Selection:
1) Jordin Sparks (Simon Cowell: Wishing on a Star) - a solid start to the night. I still can not believe the poise this girl has at 17. When I was 17 I couldn't get up in front of a class to do a presentation and she is in front of millions of people.
2) Blake Lewis (Paula Abdul: Roxanne) - uh, that was brutal. Someone needs to tell him that trying to copy Sting is not a good idea. These judges are crazy!
3) Melinda Doolittle (Randy Jackson: I Believe in You and Me) - they always tell them not to try and sing Whitney songs but he chose one for her - that makes no sense. She did a good job but all I could hear in my head was the Whitney version.

Producer's Choice:
1) Jordin Sparks (She Works Hard For the Money) - that was much better. That was wonderful
2) Blake Lewis (This Love) - much better than his first song. However, I still do not think he is that great of a singer.
3) Melinda Doolittle (Nutbush City Limits) - again another hard singer to sing. She did a good job and brought out her inner Tina Turner.

Finalist's Choice:
1) Jordin Sparks (I Who Have Nothing) - that was brilliant. I loved it the first time she did that song and I got goosebumps again.
2) Blake Lewis (When I Get You Alone) - it was ok. He just lacks the soulfulness that Robin Thicke has.
3) Melinda Doolittle (I'm A Woman) - that was really good. I love her no matter what she does.

So I really hope Blake leaves tomorrow but who knows what will happen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home